We’re holding out hope that this may lastly be the yr when Apple decides to let customers natively customise their Residence Display screen icons. Whereas we await a sound answer, you may nonetheless use the Shortcuts app to create your personal alternate app icons. We’ve been engaged on a brand new set of icons with plenty of element, depth, and vitality that you need to use to make your iPhone extra enjoyable.
We’ll attempt to add extra icons to the gallery under, however for now we’ve received choices for 29 of Apple’s built-in apps (plus an alternate CD icon for Spotify subscribers). You possibly can faucet and maintain to save lots of every icon under to your Images app to be used in Shortcuts. These designs are an evolution of a previous icon pack that we shared in early 2020, and so they’re nonetheless bursting with colour.
To make use of these icons in your iPhone’s Residence Display screen, comply with the steps under:
- Faucet and maintain on the icons that you simply wish to use to save lots of them to Images.
- Launch Shortcuts and create a brand new Shortcut.
- Faucet “Add Motion.”
- Choose “Open App.”
- Choose the app that you really want the shortcut to open.
- Faucet the slider icon within the high proper nook.
- Faucet “Add to Residence Display screen.”
- Faucet on the icon and choose “Select Picture.”
- Choose the icon you wish to use.
- Give it a reputation.
- Faucet “Add.”
For those who like these icons, be sure to tell us within the feedback under. We’d love to listen to from you. And, if you need us so as to add an icon for a selected app, tell us!
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.